Since finishing the Calvary Survey I’ve been busying myself cleaning up the data and starting to analyze it. Might end up being put on hold before going to Egypt, but I am hoping to get it merged with the Calvary full data so that they can link their burial records with what I’ve found. I’ve started doing that already, but it’s gotten bogged down in tedium. I have about 1300 monuments recorded — actually, scratch that: people recorded on the monuments — and a managed to quickly match-and-merge about 800 of them fairly quickly. The remainder I am having to manually search for: meaning, look up the last name, check for potential matches, fiddle with the name spelling, etc.
There are some complications. For one thing, they record the date of burial, not the date of death so occasionally the two years are different, presumably from dying near the end of the year and being buried in the next. But they also have some that were moved from elsewhere so that the death and burial years are quite a few apart. And sometimes their records will have the first name as “Infant” whereas the monument will have an actual name on it. I suspect there will still be at least 100 or so that I can’t match.